Saturday, July 26, 2008

Online Support for Caregivers

Previously I mentioned caregivers and their need for some type of emotional support. Recently I joined two online forums, both providing an opportunity to communicate with other caregivers.

The first is AARP's online community. I have had several conversations with other caregivers, plus I joined a joke of the day group. That should be interesting. You can reach AARP at http://www.aarp.org/.

The second is on the National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA) website. They have a wonderful message board with numerous topic threads. They are located at http://www.nfcacares.org/.

Both of these websites also have good information for the babyboomer set. NFCA was created for caregivers and provides a lot of info and support specific to that topic.

Of course, there may be support groups in your area where you can have one-on-one contact, including hugs, but the on-line forums are available 24/7 and can be another handy resource in the caregivers arsenal.

Let me know if you find any others. I'm getting to be quite the joiner.

No comments: